Are you facing challenges with your data migration process? Here are some thoughts from the Fortude Infor M3 experts.
- Data Migration Planning should be a key project planning activity
- Identify the different data sources for the ERP up-front
- Nominate Owners for each piece of data
- Brief them thoroughly on the Cleansing & Transformation requirements from source system to M3
- Assess the volumes of Master and Transactional data to be migrated and the time needed to extract and cleanse them
- Plan at least 2 trial data migrations
- Plan fall-back / contingency processes for each step
- Define Acceptance Criteria and owners for Signoff
Develop and Test your Migration Tools
- Use actual data for your testing
- Consider Data Type conversions when migrating between different Operating Systems
- Load Test you migration tools and scripts
- Document the Data Migration Process and data mapping rules
- Automate the data transformation where large volumes of data are involved
- Time your data migrations to estimate the time needed for the Final Go Live
- Freeze your solution : revisit your data migration design if any configuration changes are done
- Develop custom templates if required for recording data during system blackout
- Clearly define Go-No-Go Criteria for final Go-Live
Execute your Data Migration According to the plan
- Proactively reduce business transaction volume during the cutover period
- Differing of production / planning of deliveries outside of cutover period
- Ensure data accuracy through physical stock takes & advance data cleansing
- Migrate Master Data in advance where possible
- Ensure sufficient hardware resources are allocated for the migration.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication between all stakeholders during the migration
- Escalate any exceptions and review Go-No-Go Criteria with all stakeholders
- Ensure users are allocated for entering / uploading backlogged (blackout period) transactions
- Freeze and Archive the Source and Migrated data
Vice President – ERP Pre-Sales & Innovation, Infor Services
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
The Omnichannel Dilemma
Omnichannel has been a buzzword across fashion retail for so long that the industry should have moved on to the next big idea by now. Increased digitization due the pandemic, coupled with other challenges of the post-covid retail climate, has resulted in the term omnichannel appearing consistently in retail studies and white papers.
On-site Customer Support: Eight Strategies for Exceeding Customer Expectations
Organizations often demand the on-site presence of techno-functional expertise for critical IT transformation projects. For certain projects, on-site support is not optional. For many, having expertise on-site ensures the implementation progresses as planned—and more importantly, experts foresee risks and mitigate them before they impede the project. The higher the complexity and the scale of the project, the higher the risk associated with the change.
Sustainability and Fashion: What’s the score?
Continuing our two-part blog we delve into how technology can be a key enabler and driver of helping fashion brands improve their sustainability and transparency efforts. It further details the concept of a sustainability score and how it can be incorporated into systems such as PLM to provide visibility and assist with a company's sustainability initiatives.
Sustainability in Fashion: A pandemical wake-up call
In this two-part blog post, we explore the pressures the fashion industry is facing today: supply chain transparency, sustainability, ethical manufacturing, and conscious consumers demanding eco-friendly clothing, and furthermore reveal what businesses can do to increase visibility and how technology can help alleviate some of these concerns.
Realizing HR functions in a virtual workplace
2020 has challenged us to change the way we work and engage. Read how Fortude has adapted and optimized its people practice collaboration, and service delivery methodology to face the new normal, in our latest blog post written by Oshana Dias, Global SVP - Human Resources, Fortude.