Are you facing challenges with your data migration process? Here are some thoughts from the Fortude Infor M3 experts.
- Data Migration Planning should be a key project planning activity
- Identify the different data sources for the ERP up-front
- Nominate Owners for each piece of data
- Brief them thoroughly on the Cleansing & Transformation requirements from source system to M3
- Assess the volumes of Master and Transactional data to be migrated and the time needed to extract and cleanse them
- Plan at least 2 trial data migrations
- Plan fall-back / contingency processes for each step
- Define Acceptance Criteria and owners for Signoff
Develop and Test your Migration Tools
- Use actual data for your testing
- Consider Data Type conversions when migrating between different Operating Systems
- Load Test you migration tools and scripts
- Document the Data Migration Process and data mapping rules
- Automate the data transformation where large volumes of data are involved
- Time your data migrations to estimate the time needed for the Final Go Live
- Freeze your solution : revisit your data migration design if any configuration changes are done
- Develop custom templates if required for recording data during system blackout
- Clearly define Go-No-Go Criteria for final Go-Live
Execute your Data Migration According to the plan
- Proactively reduce business transaction volume during the cutover period
- Differing of production / planning of deliveries outside of cutover period
- Ensure data accuracy through physical stock takes & advance data cleansing
- Migrate Master Data in advance where possible
- Ensure sufficient hardware resources are allocated for the migration.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication between all stakeholders during the migration
- Escalate any exceptions and review Go-No-Go Criteria with all stakeholders
- Ensure users are allocated for entering / uploading backlogged (blackout period) transactions
- Freeze and Archive the Source and Migrated data
Vice President – ERP Pre-Sales & Innovation, Infor Services
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
#1724 – The Booth you need to visit at Inforum 2019!
Inforum 2019 has a lot to offer with rich content being discussed at speed sessions and guest talks, along with some of the industry’s best entertainers. With a week left to go - this Inforum, we’re giving you a few good reasons as to why you need to visit Booth #1724.
Fortude launches its Diversity and Inclusion initiative, ‘I AM DIVERSITY’
On the 18th of January, Fortude launched the ‘I AM DIVERSITY’ initiative, as part of its corporate ethos to encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees irrespective of age, gender, race, color, orientation and disability.