Are you facing challenges with your data migration process? Here are some thoughts from the Fortude Infor M3 experts.
- Data Migration Planning should be a key project planning activity
- Identify the different data sources for the ERP up-front
- Nominate Owners for each piece of data
- Brief them thoroughly on the Cleansing & Transformation requirements from source system to M3
- Assess the volumes of Master and Transactional data to be migrated and the time needed to extract and cleanse them
- Plan at least 2 trial data migrations
- Plan fall-back / contingency processes for each step
- Define Acceptance Criteria and owners for Signoff
Develop and Test your Migration Tools
- Use actual data for your testing
- Consider Data Type conversions when migrating between different Operating Systems
- Load Test you migration tools and scripts
- Document the Data Migration Process and data mapping rules
- Automate the data transformation where large volumes of data are involved
- Time your data migrations to estimate the time needed for the Final Go Live
- Freeze your solution : revisit your data migration design if any configuration changes are done
- Develop custom templates if required for recording data during system blackout
- Clearly define Go-No-Go Criteria for final Go-Live
Execute your Data Migration According to the plan
- Proactively reduce business transaction volume during the cutover period
- Differing of production / planning of deliveries outside of cutover period
- Ensure data accuracy through physical stock takes & advance data cleansing
- Migrate Master Data in advance where possible
- Ensure sufficient hardware resources are allocated for the migration.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication between all stakeholders during the migration
- Escalate any exceptions and review Go-No-Go Criteria with all stakeholders
- Ensure users are allocated for entering / uploading backlogged (blackout period) transactions
- Freeze and Archive the Source and Migrated data
Vice President – ERP Pre-Sales & Innovation, Infor Services
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Ensure Successful M3/CloudSuite Go-Live with a Robust Testing Strategy
Whether it’s a multi-site rollout or a minor fix, testing your ERP ensures that it works as expected. An error-free ERP implementation adds to the user experiences across the supply chain, and helps increase stakeholder productivity. A buggy, slow ERP can hinder operational efficiency. A carefully-planned ERP testing strategy ensures that the ERP performs optimally from the go-live itself, without hatching unprecedented errors, which not only require costly rework but also affect the smooth functioning of the organization’s operations.
Make your work meaningful with the power of Infor OS and Infor Document Management (IDM)
Infor OS is a cloud operating platform that seamlessly connects services to provide a robust integration framework. The scalable technologies on top of which Infor OS is built are capable of bringing together disparate technologies and solutions, whether it’s an application developed by Infor, by a third-party or in-house by your organization.
Moving to the Multi-Tenant Cloud: Busting the Top 3 Myths
We’re about to bust some serious myths about Infor’s multi-tenant cloud in this blog post—so brace yourself! Let’s start by demystifying the real difference between single-tenant and multi-tenant. Single-tenant is a single instance of the software and supporting infrastructure to serve a single customer, while multi-tenant means that a single instance of the software and its supporting infrastructure serves multiple customers.
#1724 – The Booth you need to visit at Inforum 2019!
Inforum 2019 has a lot to offer with rich content being discussed at speed sessions and guest talks, along with some of the industry’s best entertainers. With a week left to go - this Inforum, we’re giving you a few good reasons as to why you need to visit Booth #1724.