Rules & Guidelines
1. Who can participate
The competition is open to all Fortude employees.
2. Competition categories
This year, you can submit photos under four categories:
- Life in Quarantine (Mobile Photography)
By sending your photographs, you consent Fortude to use your photos on Fortude social channels, advertising campaigns, and collateral.
3. Number of Entries
You can send up to a maximum of 2 photographs per category.
4. File Details
- File size should not exceed 5 MB
- Must be in .jpeg or .jpg formats
- The height and width of the photographs should be either 10×15 inches or 8×12 inches with the minimum resolution of 220 dpi
- Photos with borders and watermarks will not be accepted.
- If requested, the applicant should be able to share proof for the entry (Raw Image/Authenticity verification)
5. Submitting the entries
- All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 15, 2020.
- Email subject should contain: Category_Candidate’s Full Name (E.g:- Nature_JenifferWest)
- The email body should include the title of the photograph.
- All files should be named in the following format: Candidate’s Full Name_Category_Entry_Number (E.g., JenniferWest_Nature_1)
- If a caption is provided, the caption must be complete and accurate, andsufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken.
- Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content can disqualify yourentry.
6. Get featured on the Fortude Calendar
Selected photographs will be featured on the Fortude calendar if they meet the quality standards.
7. Prizes & Judging
- Prizes will be awarded to the 4 best photographs.
8. Recognized industry professionals will judge the entries, and their decision will be final
- If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner outlined in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
By entering the contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to authorized parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the contest and promotion of the contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners.
10. Other conditions
- Photographs must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in any photography contest.
- By entering the contest, an entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant.