Primary job role
- Prepare technical designs and interface specifications for the business requirements provided by architects and business analysts.
- Simplify and convert complex business problems and produce appropriate technical designs.
- Collaborate directly with clients to bridge the gap between the technical team and client requirements.
- Effectively manage differently-skilled junior developers and drive them towards achieving a common objective.
- Convert architecture into comprehensive designs to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Work on critical implementation assignments while providing technical leadership to the team
- Adopt and enforce coding standards, conduct regular code reviews and make sure the team members are educated on the coding standards
- Recognize application deficiencies and implement effective solutions promptly
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the deliverables and effectively manage project releases
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams
- Assist architects, project managers, and business analysts in managing client relationships and stakeholders successfully
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in software development
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar job role
- Design and implement software components using up-to-date technologies and best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the REST architecture
- Strong experience in Angular, HTML5, CSS3
- Strong experience in on-premises container orchestration management and public cloud using Docker, Kubernetes, or a similar solution
- Overall understanding of the service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with widely-used design patterns
- Experience in building distributed multi-tier applications with single sign-on
- Experience in continuous integration (CI) and automated deployment on AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Experience in static and dynamic code quality analysis
- Understanding of the dynamics of the full-stack development and guide junior team members
- Experience in developing enterprise-scale software platforms
- Firsthand experience in managing project releases
- Build applications using Azure services and deploy them on Azure infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or an equivalent qualification
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
- Results and execution orientation
- Analytical ability
- Decision making
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Demystifying the cloud ERP implementation process — Key steps and considerations
In part two of our cloud blog series, Kasun Sandaruwan, Vice President for Americas at Fortude, explains the key decisions and activities that stakeholders should pay attention to along the cloud implementation or migration process, with a special focus on Infor CloudSuite.
Maximizing the benefits of moving to the cloud
By migrating on-premises workloads to the cloud, enterprises benefit from IT cost savings, productivity improvements, business agility, and operational resilience. This blog post delves deep into the cloud benefits and explores how an enterprise can maximize cloud benefits.
Remote software delivery — a conversation with an ERP consultant
Since December 2019, organizations have transitioned to remote work due to international travel restrictions imposed by the pandemic. Despite the initial challenges, businesses are adapting well and have realized the potential of remote work and its effectiveness. .
RPA is here to stay. Can companies remain oblivious?
Robotic process automation, simply known as RPA, came to light in the early 2000s. In the current context, its capabilities are extended with the use of several technologies such as process mining, optical character recognition (OCR), analytics, user experience (UX), artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning (ML), and speech recognition technologies.
Enhance productivity with ERP integrated AI Chatbots
Due to the pandemic, businesses were forced to adapt to new norms with disruptions to usual business operations. The sudden boom in e-commerce has created new requirements. Certain products and services were in high demand, and some businesses struggled with staggering volumes of customer queries and complaints.
Quality Gates: Why all the fuss?
What are quality gates? And what is the role of a gatekeeper? Read our latest blog post by Senior QA Lead Rochana Herath as she details why investing time in identifying quality gates is important and how quality gates significantly improve the success and quality of your software projects.