Senior Tech Lead – Opensource
Primary job role
The Senior Technical Lead is responsible for technical enhancements and features for custom developed software systems, enhancing and supporting these applications as necessary to meet business goals.
Validation of design and technical specifications for new enhancements is key to the role holder.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analyze the business requirements document and interact with Business heads and functional heads to understand the new software requirements
- Prepare the estimation and plan for requirements related to tools and technology
- Identify the technical requirements based on the business requirement document
- Define technical specifications and design the framework, execution methodology for the new requirements; Provide necessary feedback and ensure the errors are rectified
- Prepare the high-level design document and ensure all the functional and non-functional requirements are captured
- Ensure the design framework is in line with the organization wide design and development strategy.
- Contribute and manage all aspects of software development including architectural decisions
- Develop and maintain software in selected language following coding standards and standard development practices set
- Conduct risk assessments with respect to architecture and prepare a risk mitigation plan
- Work with various stakeholders during planning and deployment phase and ensure the solutions are deployed as per the plan
- Provide technical direction and guidance for software developed by the team
- Ensure the software development team adheres to the defined coding standards and practices are followed
- Mentor and train the software development team on new technologies as per the requirements of the company
- Own estimates for all projects done and look to enhance the productivity of the team
- Ensure the team achieves the performance and quality objectives; Observe the team productivity and device methodologies to increase the productivity of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/ Engineering/ any other relevant field
- 6 to 8 years of industry experience with strong knowledge in architecture and design principles
This job description is not intended, and should not be constructed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description intended to an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
During the time, there is no one in the position above the particular job, the person will be responsible for playing a stretch role and conducting the duties that specific position.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Six reasons to embrace food supply chain transparency
F&B manufacturers should not consider supply chain transparency a burden or an invasion of company privacy. When done right, transparency can benefit all stakeholders in the F&B supply chain: manufacturers, logistics, retailers, regulatory bodies, & most importantly, the conscious consumers. Explore why transparency matters and key concepts such as visibility, and traceability, in our latest blog post:
Making the most of your data with Infor-Ephesoft integration
Businesses generate mountains of data throughout the supply chain and at various customer and partner touchpoints. Leveraging these data is one of the critical goals for enterprises driven by innovation and as it helps them be more competitive, productive, and digital.
Finance & Accounting Guide: Enhancing productivity and accelerating processes with IDM Capture
The finance and accounting departments and processes are among the most critical and essential functions of a business. However, multiple studies indicate that about 50% of organizations are still wrangling their data manually.
6 ways how Ephesoft accelerates data entry to your Infor solution
Our latest blog post covers six reasons why enterprises should implement IDM Capture, an add-on developed by Ephesoft and Infor that leverages ML, AI, OCR, and ICR to capture, process, classify, extract, and validate data from multiple sources.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Essential technology for the manufacturer
In my previous blog series I discussed how fashion companies could adapt to meet the challenges of the new normal. For the most part, I focused on brands, but the same principles apply to fashion manufacturing. In this blog post, let’s focus on how manufacturers can adapt to the new normal by achieving visibility and collaboration with the right software.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Bridging the East-West divide
Twenty years ago, I started my career at an Asian apparel manufacturer. Tech-packs would come in from big brands from the US and Europe. We would gather in meeting rooms late into the night, deciphering the documents and pulling together a sample as best we could. If the sample was approved, we would confirm delivery dates to the brand six months in advance.