QA Engineer (Automation)
Primary job role
The QA Engineer must be capable of planning, estimating, developing, maintaining, and executing manual and automated test suites to ensure the quality of various software applications. The individual should be able to understand the business requirements & purpose of the software and appropriate testing methodologies to achieve the intended objectives and to ensure that products meet customer’s expectations.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts.
- Track and record test execution results with reports and KPIs.
- Support development of automation scripts at all layers of the application stack (Web/API)
- Support testing and quality activities in an Agile environment
- Possess a strong understanding in testing concepts and principles
- Ability to identify requirement gaps and conduct test designing using industry best practices and techniques
- Facilitate defect triages with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain quality gates
- Provide daily and weekly status reports with testing metrics
- Support tool research, analysis, and selection
- Support DevOps implementations
- Team player with positive attitude who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance including a minimum of 6 months experience in Test Automation.
- Experience in defect tracking tools
- Experience in Selenium WebDriver automation using Java
- Good understanding of element locator strategies such as XPath, CSS
- Experience in unit test frameworks such as TestNG, Junit
- Experience with script debugging and defect fixing
- Experience in API testing tools such as Rest Assured, Postman, SoapUI & DevOps tools will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, systems engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Client orientation
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Demystifying the cloud ERP implementation process — Key steps and considerations
In part two of our cloud blog series, Kasun Sandaruwan, Vice President for Americas at Fortude, explains the key decisions and activities that stakeholders should pay attention to along the cloud implementation or migration process, with a special focus on Infor CloudSuite.
Maximizing the benefits of moving to the cloud
By migrating on-premises workloads to the cloud, enterprises benefit from IT cost savings, productivity improvements, business agility, and operational resilience. This blog post delves deep into the cloud benefits and explores how an enterprise can maximize cloud benefits.
Remote software delivery — a conversation with an ERP consultant
Since December 2019, organizations have transitioned to remote work due to international travel restrictions imposed by the pandemic. Despite the initial challenges, businesses are adapting well and have realized the potential of remote work and its effectiveness. .
RPA is here to stay. Can companies remain oblivious?
Robotic process automation, simply known as RPA, came to light in the early 2000s. In the current context, its capabilities are extended with the use of several technologies such as process mining, optical character recognition (OCR), analytics, user experience (UX), artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning (ML), and speech recognition technologies.
Enhance productivity with ERP integrated AI Chatbots
Due to the pandemic, businesses were forced to adapt to new norms with disruptions to usual business operations. The sudden boom in e-commerce has created new requirements. Certain products and services were in high demand, and some businesses struggled with staggering volumes of customer queries and complaints.
Quality Gates: Why all the fuss?
What are quality gates? And what is the role of a gatekeeper? Read our latest blog post by Senior QA Lead Rochana Herath as she details why investing time in identifying quality gates is important and how quality gates significantly improve the success and quality of your software projects.