Manager – Data Center
Primary job role
The Data Center Manager will lead the IT Data Center team by overseeing installation, migration, and capacity planning of the data center as per business requirements. The role holder will also monitor all data center processes and ensure operational performance standards are achieved and maintained in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and deploy medium– and long–term strategies for the data center based on business requirements, objectives, and the long-range plan (LRP)
- Prepare and finalize the annual budget for the data center in consultation with managers, detailing infrastructure, staffing, and administrative costs
- Plan, enhance, manage, and implement new data center technologies and systems per the data center policies, standards, and procedures
- Design, plan and execute data center upgrades and migrations, manage risks, and monitor potential impacts as a part of the data migration plan
- Track data center usage and capacity and upscale capacity as and when required
- Be up to date with new technologies and industry trends to optimize the cost, usage, and security, and apply what is relevant with a clear ROI
- Evaluate system upgrades and scale up/down demands to provide operational excellence for on-premises and cloud–hosted infrastructure systems
- Conduct periodic audits of data center server allocation, license and software usage and track details such as expiry, misuse, and cost
- Develop the disaster recovery plan for the data center. Develop recovery strategies and contingency plans to ensure quick and effective recovery
- Ensure security patches relevant to the data center are updated timely
- Periodically backup critical data center systems as per schedule
- Drive reduction in support tickets, analyze the root cause of recurring issues with the team, and plan for corrective actions
- Interact with service providers, explain requirements, review maintenance terms, and negotiate contract details, pricing terms, and SLA
- Ensure the team is trained and upskilled to identify and resolve issues proactively
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in designing, implementing, and managing data centers using commercial and open–source frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, cloud, and DevOps technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- Certifications in AWS, VMWare, RedHat will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technologies, Linux, AWS, cloud migration, and DevOps technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
- Results and execution orientation
- Decision making
- Analytical ability
This job description is not intended, and should not be constructed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description intended to an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
During the time, there is no one in the position above the particular job, the person will be responsible for playing a stretch role and conducting the duties that specific position.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Enabling farm-to-table transparency and visibility with Industry 4.0 technologies
In our last blog post on food supply chain visibility, we talked about why visibility and related concepts such as transparency and traceability matter. In this blog post, we delve into how food and beverage manufacturers and retailers can optimally use Industry 4.0 technologies to achieve and deliver stakeholder expectations concerning visibility, transparency, and traceability.
Building low-code feature-rich applications for CloudSuite with Infor Mongoose
A part of Infor CloudSuite, Mongoose acts as a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and is fully integrated with Infor Ming.le and Infor ION. Due to Mongoose's ability to simplify the application designing and deployment process, Nucleus Research recently positioned Infor as a Leader in the Low-Code Application Platforms Value Matrix.
Six reasons to embrace food supply chain transparency
F&B manufacturers should not consider supply chain transparency a burden or an invasion of company privacy. When done right, transparency can benefit all stakeholders in the F&B supply chain: manufacturers, logistics, retailers, regulatory bodies, & most importantly, the conscious consumers. Explore why transparency matters and key concepts such as visibility, and traceability, in our latest blog post:
Making the most of your data with Infor-Ephesoft integration
Businesses generate mountains of data throughout the supply chain and at various customer and partner touchpoints. Leveraging these data is one of the critical goals for enterprises driven by innovation and as it helps them be more competitive, productive, and digital.
Finance & Accounting Guide: Enhancing productivity and accelerating processes with IDM Capture
The finance and accounting departments and processes are among the most critical and essential functions of a business. However, multiple studies indicate that about 50% of organizations are still wrangling their data manually.