Manager – Business Intelligence
Primary job role
Fortude is looking for an experienced data analytics professional who has a passion for data analytics to join our team. You will be driving an analytics team at Brandix to help the business units identify, validate and pilot analytics projects and achieve the expected outcome. You will champion and drive an analytics-driven culture across the organization.
What we expect
- Demonstrable managerial, people, technical and leadership skills to build trust with internal and external business teams, preferably leading an analytics department at an enterprise.
- Your experience should include a minimum of 4 years of experience building business intelligence/analytics solutions encompassing developing data lakes, big data solutions, data warehouses, data integration, semantic models, and business data visualization
- High-level knowledge in multiple Azure/AWS data technologies (such as Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, Synapse/SQL Data Warehouse, AWS S3, AWS Glue, Redshift etc.) and SQL Server.
- Leading a technical team in multiple projects.
- Strong project management skills to drive multiple projects with different vendors.
- Ability to drive a delivery team towards project objectives.
- Ability to consult with and provide analytics solutions to business units.
- Knowledge in apparel sector would be an advantage.
What you should have (one of the following):
- One or more of the following certifications:
- MCSA: BI Reporting/Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate
- MCSA: SQL 2016 BI Development
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
- BSc in IT or Computer Science would be an advantage
What makes you different:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrable people skills
- Demonstrable client facing experience
- Strong collaboration and organizing skills
- Demonstrable passion for technical excellence in business intelligence and/or related technologies is a must
- Self-starter mentality
This job description is not intended, and should not be constructed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description intended to an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
During the time, there is no one in the position above the particular job, the person will be responsible for playing a stretch role and conducting the duties that specific position.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Six reasons to embrace food supply chain transparency
F&B manufacturers should not consider supply chain transparency a burden or an invasion of company privacy. When done right, transparency can benefit all stakeholders in the F&B supply chain: manufacturers, logistics, retailers, regulatory bodies, & most importantly, the conscious consumers. Explore why transparency matters and key concepts such as visibility, and traceability, in our latest blog post:
Making the most of your data with Infor-Ephesoft integration
Businesses generate mountains of data throughout the supply chain and at various customer and partner touchpoints. Leveraging these data is one of the critical goals for enterprises driven by innovation and as it helps them be more competitive, productive, and digital.
Finance & Accounting Guide: Enhancing productivity and accelerating processes with IDM Capture
The finance and accounting departments and processes are among the most critical and essential functions of a business. However, multiple studies indicate that about 50% of organizations are still wrangling their data manually.
6 ways how Ephesoft accelerates data entry to your Infor solution
Our latest blog post covers six reasons why enterprises should implement IDM Capture, an add-on developed by Ephesoft and Infor that leverages ML, AI, OCR, and ICR to capture, process, classify, extract, and validate data from multiple sources.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Essential technology for the manufacturer
In my previous blog series I discussed how fashion companies could adapt to meet the challenges of the new normal. For the most part, I focused on brands, but the same principles apply to fashion manufacturing. In this blog post, let’s focus on how manufacturers can adapt to the new normal by achieving visibility and collaboration with the right software.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Bridging the East-West divide
Twenty years ago, I started my career at an Asian apparel manufacturer. Tech-packs would come in from big brands from the US and Europe. We would gather in meeting rooms late into the night, deciphering the documents and pulling together a sample as best we could. If the sample was approved, we would confirm delivery dates to the brand six months in advance.