Lead Network Engineer
Description of the Role:
The Lead Network Engineer will be responsible for driving the implementation of new network infrastructure projects and ensuring the availability, performance, and reliability of the network infrastructure. This includes identifying network/voice communication issues proactively, fine-tuning systems, identifying service-level gaps, and implementing new technologies and strategies to improve business processes and eliminate waste.
- Oversee the effectiveness of network infrastructure projects, including forecasting of network requirements.
- Drive effective installation/configuration of network systems or mobile and telecommunication systems, including integration with existing infrastructure, adherence to security/governance guidelines, and providing transition support.
- Be up to date with new technologies and industry trends to optimize the cost, usage, and security and apply what is relevant for the company.
- Oversee achievement of the network uptime KPIs and performance (e.g., system performance, reliability) through effective maintenance and support for network/voice communication systems.
- Plan and perform periodic network upgrades, expansions, enhancements, and maintenance across the organization.
- Review and ensure the completion of network backups and ensure adherence to disaster recovery plans.
- Oversee troubleshooting of network issues, ensuring issues are resolved within the agreed lead-times, conduct root cause analysis and take corrective/preventive actions for identified issues
- Carry out improvement activities to increase efficiency, perform root cause analysis, and take corrective/preventive actions.
- Review adherence to IT compliance and security procedures for networks, including monitoring/escalation of security breaches, network analysis for potential security threats, preventive actions, and implementing access controls.
- Conduct network audits and address identified issues
- Ensure the network team and ICT support personnel are trained/upskilled to resolve network issues proactively and efficiently
- Conduct and maintain daily network health checks across the organization
- Ensure network devices are securely hardened, security patches are updated, and critical bugs are fixed timely
- Collaborate with the ICT and cross-functional teams for new network project implementations, including project identification, implementation, post-project transitioning/support, and maintenance requirements.
- Work with service providers/vendors with regard to requirements, terms, price negotiations, project reviews, and SLAs.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field with relevant certifications such as Cisco CCIE, and CCNP
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in architecture, design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Commercial and open-source product experience will be an added advantage
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Essential technology for the manufacturer
In my previous blog series I discussed how fashion companies could adapt to meet the challenges of the new normal. For the most part, I focused on brands, but the same principles apply to fashion manufacturing. In this blog post, let’s focus on how manufacturers can adapt to the new normal by achieving visibility and collaboration with the right software.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Bridging the East-West divide
Twenty years ago, I started my career at an Asian apparel manufacturer. Tech-packs would come in from big brands from the US and Europe. We would gather in meeting rooms late into the night, deciphering the documents and pulling together a sample as best we could. If the sample was approved, we would confirm delivery dates to the brand six months in advance.
Is moving to the cloud the secret to a more sustainable supply chain?
Corporate sustainability is increasingly becoming a differentiator of business performance and financial success. Not only will sustainability help the planet recover from the harm that has been inflicted by aggressive industrialization, but it will also add value to your brand by attracting eco-conscious customers who demand green products.
Drive growth and digitize your supply chain with marketplace dropshipping
Fashion and luxury brands that have adopted dropshipping and e-commerce marketplaces are geared to capitalizing on the collapse of brick-and-mortar retail. In the new digitally-centered world of e-commerce, these businesses can maximize revenue, increase market share, and offer a seamless customer experience through dropshipping marketplaces. Read more in our latest blog post written in collaboration with Absolutelabs.