Information Technology Manager
Primary job role
The IT Infrastructure Lead is responsible for smooth functioning of IT Infrastructure and ensures adherence to compliance and security, budget control and asset management. The role holder is also responsible to oversee the implementation of ICT projects that are solutions to business problems and to provide support for new project initiatives to bring a competitive advantage to the business.
- Work with the business to devise IT infrastructure requirement to achieve current and future business objectives
- Provide inputs to the annual infrastructure budget on hardware and peripheral requirements
- Update the asset management tracker periodically and keep track of hardware inventory and device allotments
- Prepare a preventive maintenance schedule and ensure that maintenance of IT systems is carried out as per the schedule
- Ensure the maintenance of assets are within the budget limitations provided by the company
- Up-to-date with new technologies and industry trends to optimize the cost/ usage or enhance security and apply what’s relevant with a clear ROI
- Support the network team on network installation and ensure effective installation/ configuration of network systems
- implement the security standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environment
- Study attempts to breach security and ensure all security loopholes are addressed
- Ensure incident response for security events are carried out in a timely manner within the defined threshold
- Guide the IT Network Admin and Infra Support team including monitoring of SLA’s, resolution of escalated issues, performance coaching and project support
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
- Results and execution orientation
- Analytical ability
- Decision making
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
RPA is here to stay. Can companies remain oblivious?
Robotic process automation, simply known as RPA, came to light in the early 2000s. In the current context, its capabilities are extended with the use of several technologies such as process mining, optical character recognition (OCR), analytics, user experience (UX), artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning (ML), and speech recognition technologies.
Enhance productivity with ERP integrated AI Chatbots
Due to the pandemic, businesses were forced to adapt to new norms with disruptions to usual business operations. The sudden boom in e-commerce has created new requirements. Certain products and services were in high demand, and some businesses struggled with staggering volumes of customer queries and complaints.
Quality Gates: Why all the fuss?
What are quality gates? And what is the role of a gatekeeper? Read our latest blog post by Senior QA Lead Rochana Herath as she details why investing time in identifying quality gates is important and how quality gates significantly improve the success and quality of your software projects.