HR Business Partner (Software Development)
Primary job role
- The Software Development Business Partner (SDBP) will be responsible for business partnering and talent management in the software development practice. Additionally, SDBP will be responsible for aligning HR objectives with employees and management in the software development business across the company. The incumbent will serve as an HR consultant to the SD practice and management with regard to human resource-related activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure retention within the software development practice by working closely with the employees and management to improve work relationships and build morale and engagement.
- Build the talent pipeline for the software development practice.
- Ensure to conduct Touch Base with all Top & Critical Talent
- Conduct HR-related software development meetings with respective business units.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provide input on business unit restructuring, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Provide input for the T&D team concerning individual executive coaching needs and the needs of regional business units.
- Manage and administer global HR plans and procedures across all software development practice teams, including quality assurance, business analysis, and RPA, in the areas of performance management, compensation and benefit, budgeting, HR administration (insurance, medical, facilities, etc.), HR analytics, and employee engagement in accordance with global guidelines.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of regional initiatives with regard to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements and efficiency in software development practice.
- Manage and coordinate with the HR operations and finance teams on the annual cost to company (CTC) budgeting with regard to the software development practice.
- Attend software development-related meetings and report back on actions to be taken.
- Consult with line management, provide HR guidance when appropriate, and analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Ensure compliance with local employment laws, visa, and other regulations, and update the software development management team and the HR team on any changes and updates.
- Maintain contacts with legal entities in the region to ensure legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees are adhered to, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with company legal department when needed.
- 3-4 years of business partnering experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in the IT industry
- Exposure to talent acquisition in the software development space would be an added advantage
- Degree or postgraduate degree in HR / business management or a related field
- HR-related professional qualifications
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
- Results and execution orientation
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
RPA is here to stay. Can companies remain oblivious?
Robotic process automation, simply known as RPA, came to light in the early 2000s. In the current context, its capabilities are extended with the use of several technologies such as process mining, optical character recognition (OCR), analytics, user experience (UX), artificial intelligence (AI), big data, machine learning (ML), and speech recognition technologies.
Enhance productivity with ERP integrated AI Chatbots
Due to the pandemic, businesses were forced to adapt to new norms with disruptions to usual business operations. The sudden boom in e-commerce has created new requirements. Certain products and services were in high demand, and some businesses struggled with staggering volumes of customer queries and complaints.
Quality Gates: Why all the fuss?
What are quality gates? And what is the role of a gatekeeper? Read our latest blog post by Senior QA Lead Rochana Herath as she details why investing time in identifying quality gates is important and how quality gates significantly improve the success and quality of your software projects.