Engineer – ICT Operations
Primary job role
The primary objective of the ICT operations engineer will be to ensure that the day-to-day ICT operations of the organization are delivered efficiently and effectively. This involves ensuring IT systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. In addition, the incumbent should work with the head of ICT to develop and deliver the overall ICT strategy, ensuring adherence to governance, project management, and quality standards.
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience and knowledge to work in a fast-paced IT environment, identify and manage priorities, and constantly improve processes to add value.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with the wider ICT team to specify, design, develop, and implement an ICT infrastructure strategy to support the business goals.
- Identify, manage, mitigate, and report ICT risks.
- Design and implement ICT improvement activities related to user support, security, cloud, network, and datacenter.
- Ensure operations comply with specific needs and outcomes regarding the development, integration, security, and overall management of ICT systems.
- Ensure uninterrupted business operations and quality end-user experience.
- Oversee project implementation.
- Collaborate with IT vendors and service providers to achieve functional goals.
- Apply ‘better practices’ to all aspects of change management to ensure change management initiatives are practical and result-oriented.
- 1+ years’ experience in supporting IT infrastructure in a large organization
- Overall knowledge and hands-on experience working with network, security and cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or any other related field or an equivalent professional qualification
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
- Can-do attitude and commitment
- Analytic skills and problem-solving skills
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Enabling farm-to-table transparency and visibility with Industry 4.0 technologies
In our last blog post on food supply chain visibility, we talked about why visibility and related concepts such as transparency and traceability matter. In this blog post, we delve into how food and beverage manufacturers and retailers can optimally use Industry 4.0 technologies to achieve and deliver stakeholder expectations concerning visibility, transparency, and traceability.
Building low-code feature-rich applications for CloudSuite with Infor Mongoose
A part of Infor CloudSuite, Mongoose acts as a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and is fully integrated with Infor Ming.le and Infor ION. Due to Mongoose's ability to simplify the application designing and deployment process, Nucleus Research recently positioned Infor as a Leader in the Low-Code Application Platforms Value Matrix.