Engineer – ICT Operations
Primary job role
The primary objective of the ICT operations engineer will be to ensure that the day-to-day ICT operations of the organization are delivered efficiently and effectively. This involves ensuring IT systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. In addition, the incumbent should work with the head of ICT to develop and deliver the overall ICT strategy, ensuring adherence to governance, project management, and quality standards.
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience and knowledge to work in a fast-paced IT environment, identify and manage priorities, and constantly improve processes to add value.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with the wider ICT team to specify, design, develop, and implement an ICT infrastructure strategy to support the business goals.
- Identify, manage, mitigate, and report ICT risks.
- Design and implement ICT improvement activities related to user support, security, cloud, network, and datacenter.
- Ensure operations comply with specific needs and outcomes regarding the development, integration, security, and overall management of ICT systems.
- Ensure uninterrupted business operations and quality end-user experience.
- Oversee project implementation.
- Collaborate with IT vendors and service providers to achieve functional goals.
- Apply ‘better practices’ to all aspects of change management to ensure change management initiatives are practical and result-oriented.
- 1+ years’ experience in supporting IT infrastructure in a large organization
- Overall knowledge and hands-on experience working with network, security and cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or any other related field or an equivalent professional qualification
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone can grow at Fortude; regardless of their identity. Join us, and be a part of an organisation, where we’re all proud to belong.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
From Farm to Fork: Leveraging Industry 4.0 for Smart Manufacturing in Food & Beverage
The evolution of Industry 4.0 offers food and beverage manufacturers a reset button, enabling them to optimize their value chain and build a sustainable, agile business. But are organizations prepared to embrace this revolution?
The role of digital transformation and Industry 4.0 in F&B manufacturing
In this three part blog series, John Broadbent, External Consultant at Fortude, explains how F&B manufacturers can do more with less while transforming business processes and services using digital technologies such as Industry 4.0.