Consultant – BI/Analytics
Primary job role
Fortude is looking for a talented, self-driven BI Consultant who has a passion for analytics. You will get to provide analytics solutions as a full-time consultant with a highly dedicated, dynamic team. You will be involved in presales, design, development, and implementation of complex business intelligence solutions across multiple geographies.
What we expect
- Demonstrable client-facing skills and presales experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience building business intelligence/modern analytics solutions encompassing:
- Developing data lakes/data warehouses, data ingestion and integration, semantic modeling, and business data visualization
- Developing on the traditional Microsoft business intelligence stack: SQL Server database engine, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services OLAP & Tabular, and Reporting Services
- Developing on multiple Azure data services (e.g., Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse/Synapse Analytics, Analysis Services, Machine Learning) and Power BI
- Deep understanding of an end-to-end business intelligence/analytics solution on technical and business fronts
- Exposure to building advanced analytics and AI-based solutions is an advantage
- Ability to drive a delivery team towards project objectives
- Ability to consult with and provide analytics solutions to customers
What you should have
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics Certification
- Two or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate/MCSA: SQL 2016 BI Development
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate/MCSA: BI Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science would be an advantage
What makes you different
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable passion for technical excellence in business intelligence and/or related technologies
- Strong collaboration and organizing skills
- Self-starter mentality
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Essential technology for the manufacturer
In my previous blog series I discussed how fashion companies could adapt to meet the challenges of the new normal. For the most part, I focused on brands, but the same principles apply to fashion manufacturing. In this blog post, let’s focus on how manufacturers can adapt to the new normal by achieving visibility and collaboration with the right software.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Bridging the East-West divide
Twenty years ago, I started my career at an Asian apparel manufacturer. Tech-packs would come in from big brands from the US and Europe. We would gather in meeting rooms late into the night, deciphering the documents and pulling together a sample as best we could. If the sample was approved, we would confirm delivery dates to the brand six months in advance.
Is moving to the cloud the secret to a more sustainable supply chain?
Corporate sustainability is increasingly becoming a differentiator of business performance and financial success. Not only will sustainability help the planet recover from the harm that has been inflicted by aggressive industrialization, but it will also add value to your brand by attracting eco-conscious customers who demand green products.
Drive growth and digitize your supply chain with marketplace dropshipping
Fashion and luxury brands that have adopted dropshipping and e-commerce marketplaces are geared to capitalizing on the collapse of brick-and-mortar retail. In the new digitally-centered world of e-commerce, these businesses can maximize revenue, increase market share, and offer a seamless customer experience through dropshipping marketplaces. Read more in our latest blog post written in collaboration with Absolutelabs.