BI Support Engineer
Primary job role
Fortude is looking for a talented, self-driven Business Intelligence Support Engineer who has a passion for analytics to join our application support team. You will get to support enterprise–grade cloud and on-premises BI solutions with a highly dedicated, dynamic team. You will be involved in client management and application support on complex BI solutions across multiple geographies.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage and participate in day–to–day application support and enhancement projects. This includes understanding business processes, industry practices, and products
- Collaborate with business process owners in gathering business requirements, documenting, improving processes, designing solutions, demonstrating and training
- Provide first- and second-level technical support for applications
- Identify, analyze and document integration requirements between information systems
- Diagnose and rectify database and solution related issues within the given SLAs
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience supporting business intelligence or modern analytics solutions encompassing demonstratable knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Azure data services such as Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse
- Basic knowledge of the traditional Microsoft business intelligence stack (SQL Server database engine, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services OLAP & Tabular, Reporting Services) and ETL/ELT process
- Moderate knowledge of Power BI data modeling and visualizations
- BSc in information technology or computer science would be an advantage
- Having the ‘Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate/MCSA: BI Reporting’ certification would be an advantage
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
This job description is not intended, and should not be constructed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description intended to an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
During the time, there is no one in the position above the particular job, the person will be responsible for playing a stretch role and conducting the duties that specific position.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Making the most of your data with Infor-Ephesoft integration
Businesses generate mountains of data throughout the supply chain and at various customer and partner touchpoints. Leveraging these data is one of the critical goals for enterprises driven by innovation and as it helps them be more competitive, productive, and digital.
Finance & Accounting Guide: Enhancing productivity and accelerating processes with IDM Capture
The finance and accounting departments and processes are among the most critical and essential functions of a business. However, multiple studies indicate that about 50% of organizations are still wrangling their data manually.
6 ways how Ephesoft accelerates data entry to your Infor solution
Our latest blog post covers six reasons why enterprises should implement IDM Capture, an add-on developed by Ephesoft and Infor that leverages ML, AI, OCR, and ICR to capture, process, classify, extract, and validate data from multiple sources.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Essential technology for the manufacturer
In my previous blog series I discussed how fashion companies could adapt to meet the challenges of the new normal. For the most part, I focused on brands, but the same principles apply to fashion manufacturing. In this blog post, let’s focus on how manufacturers can adapt to the new normal by achieving visibility and collaboration with the right software.
Post-pandemic fashion manufacturing: Bridging the East-West divide
Twenty years ago, I started my career at an Asian apparel manufacturer. Tech-packs would come in from big brands from the US and Europe. We would gather in meeting rooms late into the night, deciphering the documents and pulling together a sample as best we could. If the sample was approved, we would confirm delivery dates to the brand six months in advance.
Is moving to the cloud the secret to a more sustainable supply chain?
Corporate sustainability is increasingly becoming a differentiator of business performance and financial success. Not only will sustainability help the planet recover from the harm that has been inflicted by aggressive industrialization, but it will also add value to your brand by attracting eco-conscious customers who demand green products.