BI Support Engineer
Primary job role
Fortude is looking for a talented, self-driven Business Intelligence Support Engineer who has a passion for analytics to join our application support team. You will get to support enterprise–grade cloud and on-premises BI solutions with a highly dedicated, dynamic team. You will be involved in client management and application support on complex BI solutions across multiple geographies.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage and participate in day–to–day application support and enhancement projects. This includes understanding business processes, industry practices, and products
- Collaborate with business process owners in gathering business requirements, documenting, improving processes, designing solutions, demonstrating and training
- Provide first- and second-level technical support for applications
- Identify, analyze and document integration requirements between information systems
- Diagnose and rectify database and solution related issues within the given SLAs
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience supporting business intelligence or modern analytics solutions encompassing demonstratable knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Azure data services such as Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse
- Basic knowledge of the traditional Microsoft business intelligence stack (SQL Server database engine, T-SQL, Integration Services, Analysis Services OLAP & Tabular, Reporting Services) and ETL/ELT process
- Moderate knowledge of Power BI data modeling and visualizations
- BSc in information technology or computer science would be an advantage
- Having the ‘Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate/MCSA: BI Reporting’ certification would be an advantage
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client orientation
This job description is not intended, and should not be constructed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description intended to an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
During the time, there is no one in the position above the particular job, the person will be responsible for playing a stretch role and conducting the duties that specific position.
From insights to thought-leadershipView More
Enabling farm-to-table transparency and visibility with Industry 4.0 technologies
In our last blog post on food supply chain visibility, we talked about why visibility and related concepts such as transparency and traceability matter. In this blog post, we delve into how food and beverage manufacturers and retailers can optimally use Industry 4.0 technologies to achieve and deliver stakeholder expectations concerning visibility, transparency, and traceability.
Building low-code feature-rich applications for CloudSuite with Infor Mongoose
A part of Infor CloudSuite, Mongoose acts as a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and is fully integrated with Infor Ming.le and Infor ION. Due to Mongoose's ability to simplify the application designing and deployment process, Nucleus Research recently positioned Infor as a Leader in the Low-Code Application Platforms Value Matrix.
Six reasons to embrace food supply chain transparency
F&B manufacturers should not consider supply chain transparency a burden or an invasion of company privacy. When done right, transparency can benefit all stakeholders in the F&B supply chain: manufacturers, logistics, retailers, regulatory bodies, & most importantly, the conscious consumers. Explore why transparency matters and key concepts such as visibility, and traceability, in our latest blog post:
Making the most of your data with Infor-Ephesoft integration
Businesses generate mountains of data throughout the supply chain and at various customer and partner touchpoints. Leveraging these data is one of the critical goals for enterprises driven by innovation and as it helps them be more competitive, productive, and digital.
Finance & Accounting Guide: Enhancing productivity and accelerating processes with IDM Capture
The finance and accounting departments and processes are among the most critical and essential functions of a business. However, multiple studies indicate that about 50% of organizations are still wrangling their data manually.